“Smart Girls” program ongoing support
Boys & Girls Club of Fond du Lac
The funds awarded to Boys & Girls Club of Fond du lac will be used to support an existing SMART Girls program which targets girls aged 11-16 at the Johnsonville Boys & Girls Club.
Goals of the program include:
- developing positive attitudes
- building effective life skills
- feeling empowered to become responsible adult women through health, prevention, education and self-esteem enhancement activities.
The program consists of two main components. Love Yourself explores issues like body image, physical growth, healthy coping skills, eating disorders and other issues related to physical well-being as a teenage girl. Love & Be Loved explores the importance of healthy relationships including friendships, dating, communication skills, healthy boundaries and safety.
It is expected that 50 different girls will participate regularly in the program through 2019. In 2019 they will also be adding boys into one of the “Date Smart” sessions that deal with developing mutual respect.Learn more about Boys and Girls Club
Funding Priority Area(s)
- Fond du Lac Says No More Initiative
- Safety, Dignity, and Freedom from Violence