“Parent Life” program support
Badgerland Youth for Christ
Badgerland Youth for Christ was awarded $1,500 to support “Parent Life“, which is an existing program for pregnant and parenting teens aged 13-19 living in Fond du Lac. The mission of “Parent Life” is to provide participants mentoring and community connections to resources that help break the cycle of poverty and dysfunction that is common among parenting teens.
The goals of the program include:
- managing the crisis of pregnant and parenting teens,
- help position pregnant and parenting teens for long-term success,
- giving them access to opportunities to grow in healthy ways,
- and increase parental support that aids in the development of their children.
The Family Resource Center, Advocap, Fond du Lac High School and Fond du lac County Social Services are collaborative partners and the program is expected to serve 25 parenting teens, fathers and their children. An additional 50 parenting teens are expected to be served through a private Facebook page.Learn more about Badgerland Youth for Christ
Funding Priority Area(s)
- Financial Self-Sufficiency
- Safety, Dignity, and Freedom from Violence