The Women’s Fund facilitates bold change for Fond du Lac area women and girls. Our vision is to create an inclusive community where all women and girls thrive…no exception. In addition to grant giving to local philanthropic partners that share our passion, our energy and work centers around our pillars including Education, Leadership Development, Financial Self-Sufficiency and Safety, Dignity and Freedom from Violence.
Executive Director Position Description
We are seeking a dynamic, engaging, forward-thinking Executive Director who is responsible for building collaborative community relationships that support the advancement of our agency’s Mission and Vision. The Executive Director must embody the Fond du Lac Area Women’s Fund values of education, stewardship, integrity, equity-fairness, and collaboration. The Executive Director, working closely with the Board of Directors, will be responsible for the Fund’s overall growth, management, and operations including:
RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT (Fundraising)
- Work closely with Board of Directors and Development Committee to develop fundraising strategies, and implement a successful fundraising plan, including prospect identification and cultivation as well as proficiency aligning donor interests with a formal request for support and closing the commitment.
- Ensure donors at every level are appropriately engaged and acknowledged.
- Lead the organization’s financial growth through innovative fundraising strategies, including but not limited to individual, major, and planned giving; corporate sponsorships for events and activities; and grant support.
- Oversee the design and execution of fundraising events in partnership with of our Special Events Committee
BOARD OF DIRECTORS RELATIONS
- Engage with the Board in the collaborative process of the development of long-term strategic plans, resource development (fundraising) plans, organizational plans, and financial sustainability efforts.
- Apprise the Board of major efforts/activities of the organization through regular communication and reports.
- Build a strong supportive community, through cultivating relationships with current and potential Board members; in conjunction with the Governance Committee, recruit and onboard new Board members and committee volunteers and engage individual members to utilize skills/expertise for the betterment of the organization.
- In partnership with Communications and Community Education Committees, increase positive awareness for the agency including maintenance of Fond du Lac Area Women’s Fund website and social media pages, and through personal relationships with key community partners and stakeholders.
- Maintain positive community partner relations and serve as “bridge-builder” to individuals and other community partners.
- Ensure volunteers are trained, effective, and satisfied with their level of engagement with our agency.
ADMINISTRATIVE & FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT
- Ensure the organization’s compliance with all applicable state/federal laws and standard financial practices, including maintaining adequate cash flow to meet its financial obligations.
- In Conjunction with the Board Treasurer and Finance Committee, prepare the annual budget and manage the organization within the parameters of its annual budget.
- Provide oversight and leadership to the organization by applying knowledge of trends in the field of philanthropy, women’s issues, and non-profit management.
- Maintain essential financial and administrative records for the organization.
- Other duties as needed and/or assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED FOR POSITION: The successful candidate will have a proven track record of success in financial resource development (fundraising); Ability to think strategically and creatively to identify opportunities for growth and community engagement; Ability to work independently and perform well under pressure. Well-organized, capable of managing multiple projects effectively and exhibit sound judgment; Knowledge of basic nonprofit finance. Ability to generate budgets and analyze financial data; Outstanding communication skills both verbal and written; Proficiency in Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite and QuickBooks, comfortable with and open to new technology skills; previous supervisory experience especially leading volunteers; and a proven track record in non-profit fund development, fundraising, or sales. Computer proficiency and public speaking are required for this position, as well as creativity, flexibility, and a passion for improving the lives of women and girls. A bachelor’s degree in business, social work, or related field or equivalent knowledge/experience is required. Community connections to the Fond du Lac area and social media skills are highly preferred.
SALARY: This is a full-time position at approximately 40 hours per week with a competitive salary and benefit package (insurance stipend, cell phone stipend, hybrid work schedule, etc.).
HOW TO APPLY: Send cover letter and resume via email to email@example.com (please include, “ED Application” in the subject line) or via regular mail to Fond du Lac Area Women’s Fund, P.O. Box 1171, Fond du Lac, WI 54936-1171.