Aug 15 – October 15, 2019
Before you begin your application, please review information below related to our Funding Priorities, Criteria for Funding and Eligibility.
We award grants to 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations for programs/projects primarily benefiting women and/or girls in the Fond du Lac area in one or more of our focus areas:
- leadership development
- financial self-sufficiency
- safety, dignity and freedom from violence
New programs in any focus area and those specifically aligned with our Fond du Lac Says No More three-year initiative will be given priority. For more information on the initiative, please see www.fdlsaysnomore.org. The Women’s Fund will not fund individuals, endowments, government agencies (educational institutions may qualify), projects with a religious purpose, and political parties, candidates or partisan activities.
The annual application period opens at 8 a.m. Aug. 15 and closes at 4 p.m. Oct. 15 (no exceptions). Funds will be disbursed in mid-December.
Criteria for Funding
The following criteria will be used in the decision-making process. Applications are to be completed online and Women’s Fund will conduct applicant interviews of finalists. To be considered, applications must:
- Describe how the request is targeted to primarily benefit Fond du Lac area women and/or girls. Programs for men and boys could also meet this criteria.
- Describe how the request addresses at least one Women’s Fund funding priority. Specifically address, if applicable, how the request addresses Fond du Lac Says No More initiative.
- Define program/project’s anticipated outcomes, including short-term and long-term goals, as well as a description of method for evaluation of success.
- Describe target population including demographic information, number of individuals served directly and impact on community, including indirect impact.
- Describe methods/strategies that will be used for effective implementation.
- Include a timeline and budget that is clear and concise.
- Plan for a 20-minute interview on Friday, Nov. 15, 2019 (between 7 and 11 a.m.) with no more than two agency representatives appearing in front of the Women’s Fund Grants Committee.
- Program/project must be consistent with the funding priorities of the Fond du Lac Area Women’s Fund.
- Program/project must primarily benefit women and/or girls in the Fond du Lac area.
- Organization must be a tax-exempt, nonprofit organization recognized by the Internal Revenue Service as a 501(c)3 organization.
*Note: If funded, you agree to complete and submit our evaluation form as required by 4 p.m. Oct. 1, and if requested, be willing to present the evaluation at a Board meeting. Future grants will not be considered without a final grant evaluation on file. The Women’s Fund reserves the right to request return of any funds not used for purposes stated within original grant request.
Questions? Attend Our Grants Workshop on Aug. 14, 2019
If you have any questions, please plan to attend our Grants Workshop from 1:30 to 3 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 14, at Moraine Park Technical College, 235 N. National Ave., Fond du Lac in Conference Room A112. (Park in O parking lot, the very first lot just off of National Avenue. Enter through O-1 door and come all the way down the hall until you see A112 on your left.)
If you missed the workshop, please reach out to Executive Director Maria Turner at (920) 322-8778 or firstname.lastname@example.org.